Ir al contenido principal

Playtime by Jacques Tati

Most people may not know Jacques Tati. He was a French actor, director and screenwriter born in 1907. Like Charles Chaplin or Buster Keaton, Jacques was an incredible physical comedy performer, also known as slapstick. The cool thing about Jacques is that he starred, wrote and directed all of his films. 

I got into his filmography during the pandemic when I was at home trying to watch something new when suddenly I fell in love with the miniature of Playtime. I didn’t know anything about Jacques Tati or what the movie was about, but thankfully I gave it a chance.

The plot of the movie is simple: Monsieur Hulot has an important meeting but he gets lost among all the buildings and people living in a futuristic and hyper-consumerist Paris. It’s a beautiful comedy about confusion in modern times with a ton of scenes that will make you laugh and think about this era full of technology and people running from one place to another. 


Watch Playtime on Amazon Prime or Mubi, I promise you will love it!






Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

FIRST DAY AT ART SCHOOL

I remember my first day at school a little bit blurry. I was 23 years old and the first thing I look was the enormous green garden on the front side. It was beautiful, surrounded by plants and sculptures everywhere. All the people was kind and full of energy. There was a little ceremony in the midday. We were introduced to all the teachers and authorities of the school. Later, all the new ones made a circle to know each other and we drink until the security guards kick us out of the campus. It was a fun day. That's all I can remember right now :)

MY FUTURE JOB :O

I've always been thinking about what kind of job I will love to have in the near future. A bunch of years ago when I was studying engineering my dream job was to be some sort of a leader in a big company where everyone was happy and full of money. I know it sounds like the classic cliché but at that time I was blindfolded by all the pressure from the people around me and I was ok with it. Luckily enough I managed to scape from that nightmare haha. Now I'm in the last few months at the university and finally it's the time where I can really think about what I want to do in the years to come. Obviously almost all the options I'm thinking of a dream job are related to the art world. I would like to be someone who can bring artists and people together across all the universe. Work at a museum or an art gallery would be nice, but actually non-traditional art platforms are at this moment my  favourite option. I don't really mind about how money I can get as long as the jo...